Detecting carbon monoxide poisoning

Once you settle on a furnace as the ideal heating solution for your home, the next step you ought to take is to ensure that it serves you well without posing any danger to your family and you. This is an even primary concern if the furnace uses wood fuel since it emits harmful gas. Usually, there is no cause for alarm since the furnace is designed so that the fumes are ejected out of the system safely and will never find their way into your living space. Even so, you cannot take chances with your safety and that of your family. Work with the right HVAC professional to have a carbon monoxide sensor installed in your home. These units are crucial if you have no plans to switch to a different heating mechanism. Consider it a long-term investment that goes into your health insurance. Carbon monoxide sensors are installed near the furnace just as thermostats should. They will indicate the proper levels and alarm you in case there are carbon monoxide leaks. Note that the stove may not be the only culprit releasing small amounts of carbon monoxide. If you are battling constant headaches and never seem to have flu -like symptoms even when you get medication, it may be time to check for carbon monoxide poisoning. Water heaters, kerosene lamps, wood-burning stoves, portable generators, and powered stoves are all potential sources of carbon monoxide poisoning. While wood furnaces have a high chance of causing such gas poisoning in winter due to the frequency of use, do not assume and ignore the other potential causes. A sensor will help you know for sure where the leak is coming from.

air cleaner